Thursday 17 May 2012

Time slipping away

Sorry I haven't posted much lately over the last few months, time seemed to fly by for some reason. I'm currently trying to get over the realisation that it's now mid May when it seems like yeaterday it was April. What has happened to all that time? I don't think i'll ever know :)

But during some my blogging abscence I have made some personal revelations, one of which is that I spend far too much of my free time sitting on my ass being lazy when i could be doing something productive, like i don't know maybe making a start on my portfolio which i've been putting off for some time now. Which leads me the major revelation the reason behind me putting off starting a portfolio, is that i've seemed to have lost my confidence in my own work (there are only a few pieces i like and/or can actually stand), and the reason for this lost confidence is that i've had too many people, namely tutors, telling me i shouldn't use this medium or i should conform my style so it mirrors there own or fits into a nice neat box they have created (but cleverly done so that at the time i think its useful constructive criticism), and i feel like i've failed if i don't succeed. What happened to personal style and freedom of speech?

So as i gain my confidence back i will be posting work of any kind as regulary as i can to assault your senses : P    so any constructive criticism will be welcome.

I hope i haven't bored you all to tears.

On a more posistive note summer seems to have finally arrived! i've even caught a glimpse of blue sky over the last few days. On the down side it means that hayfever season is now here, hayfever suffers you have my sympathy, thank god for anti-histamines I say. Well time for me to go hit the drawing board.   

No comments:

Post a Comment